Each week, it feels like a miracle that I have yet another story to share on this site. This miracle depends on people like you! Please consider sharing your story in 2016 (see below). If you are not yet eating a whole food, plant-based (WFPB) diet, consider making that your goal for 2016. I’d love to help you (see below).
If you’d like to connect with other Mormons who are interested in a WFPB diet, please check out the WFPB Mormon Map (see below).
Share Your Story in 2016
Each week, I rarely have more than one new story someone has sent me to share. Too often, I don’t get the new story until Friday, the day before I post them! That’s cutting it pretty close, but I’m just grateful that yet another person is willing to share. Each story is a treasure. Each one inspires me and encourages many more on their path.
If you are enjoying the benefits and blessings of a WFPB diet, you undoubtedly have been helped by the many who have gone before you. Sharing your story is a great way to give back and to encourage both those who are on this path and also those still trying to decide whether or not to make this important change.
Please consider sharing your story in 2016. Please also encourage other people you know to share their stories. I need every story!
You do not need to have a “miracle” story. Nor do you need to be “perfect” on this diet. Nor do you need to write well or have a lot of time to write. Simply write your story as you’d tell it to a friend, and send it to me. I will help with the editing and suggest additional details as needed. This is really simple, and you can do it!
For more suggestions on how to write your story, go here: Share Your Story.
Adopt a WFPB Diet in 2016
If you are not yet eating a whole food, plant-based (WFPB) diet, why wait any longer? With the new year around the corner, now is the perfect time to begin. Recently I’ve been writing some articles for Meridian Magazine to help people get started. Whether you want to take baby steps or jump in with two feet, this series of articles can help!
- Why Start Now?” — The article focuses on the reasons why adopting a WFPB diet can be a game changer in your life and why you should consider doing this now so that you can start reaping the tremendous benefits and blessings.
- Baby Steps to a WFPB diet — There are many ways to take baby steps into a WFPB diet. In this article I outline four of them.
- Why Go Cold Turkey? — While the “baby step” approach is popular, going “cold turkey” has its own, amazing benefits. In this article, I share the compelling reasons for taking this approach.
- Strategies for Going Cold Turkey — If you’d like to go cold turkey, there are ways to be prepared that will increase your chances of being successful. In this article, I share ten key strategies for going cold turkey. (This will be published in Meridian Magazine on Tuesday, December 29.)
- Maximum Weight Loss Principles — If you are already eating a WFPB diet but you want to lose more weight, following the maximum weight loss principles is a surefire way to lose additional pounds! (If you want to get started now, see The Word of Wisdom Way to Weight Loss.)
Whichever path you take, I’m more than happy to help in any way I can. Please feel free to contact me.
WFPB Mormon Map
The WFPB Mormon Map is designed to help people connect with other Mormons in their local area who are interested in the WFPB Word of Wisdom lifestyle.
View the map to find others living close to you. Contact them so you can find ways to help and support each other. View the WFPB Mormon Map
Please consider putting your name on the map so that others living in your area might be able to find you (and you can find them). This site is public, but only those who have the URL can find it, so it is also fairly private (your name does not show up on search engines!). Add your name to the WFPB Mormon Map
Thanks to everyone for reading and supporting this site! I deeply appreciate your stories, comments, and emails. It is great to be part of the wonderful WFPB community.
Jane BirchNo tags for this post.